BIND upgrade from ports....

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Fri Apr 15 08:12:07 PDT 2005

Hello list,

First off, please reply directly to me (with CC to list), as I'm no
longer a member of the list. (Too much erroneous traffic.)

FreeBSD 5.3 uses BIND 9.3.0 and I'm trying to upgrade to 9.3.1.  I know
with PERL, you can set an option to use-ports-dist or something like
that so that system perl is disabled and perl from ports is used
instead.

Is there a similar option for BIND, or do I need to symlink the execs
from /usr/sbin/... to /usr/local/sbin?

Thanks.