make release

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Fri Apr 15 07:49:10 PDT 2005

Hello there,

I'm about to build a whole FreeBSD system with optimized code for my own
purposes. I've read this document:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/release-build.html

According this I should make a CVS mirror and follow the steps that the
documention mentions. It would be awful to make a whole CVS mirror,
since I would like to build only a 5-STABLE distribution. There is an
example, that is highly determined by this approach with cvs mirroring,
thus it isn't entirely useful for me, because I'd like to avoid mucking
with cvs. If somebody knows how to make full release isos from a simple
"cvsupped" source tree, please let me know.

Cheers,

Gábor Kövesdán