India had no FreeBSD mirror sites ?!?

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:18:01 PDT 2005

Rob wrote:

>I guess this is typical for home connections in India.

True, bust most Universities have things like 5 128K links tagged
together. Put this down plain and simple, bandwidth is really really
scarce in India.

>Of course, a Linux and/or BSD mirror should be
>hosted by such a research institute, most probably
>by the computer science departement.

Right. But most Universities are simply not interested and tag BSD as
"not for the masses" OS. In the Indian Scenario, a handful of *BSD users
are considered Wizards and non Microsoft OS implies Linux.

Best Regards,
S.