India had no FreeBSD mirror sites ?!?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 09:07:12 PDT 2005

Subhro wrote:
> Erik Trulsson wrote:
>
>> I would assume that like most other countries they
>> are charged per minute for the dialup connection
>> (by the phone company, not the ISP) even if they
>> don't get charged per megabyte.  Downloading large
>> files will still be expensive then.
>
> We are changed per minute both by the Carrier
> company and the ISP.

I guess this is typical for home connections in India.

But I suppose that big research institutes and
universities have a better, more economic internet
connection.
I can't imagine that the big institutes in Kolkata,
Chennai, Bengalore, Mumbai etc. are connected via
56 kb/s modems and pay exorbitant amounts for
internet use....

Of course, a Linux and/or BSD mirror should be
hosted by such a research institute, most probably
by the computer science departement.

Or is all that different in India?

Rob.