AMD64 (former i386 convert)+ FreeBSD various issues in 5.3, 5.4 (pre+post install)

Edgar Martinez emartinez at crockettint.com
Wed Apr 13 19:15:26 PDT 2005

I think I have nailed it...somewhat...

So I set it up so I could ssh to it from my office and try to mess with
it...ran solid as a rock...I think got home tonight and checked my
logs...nothing bad...so I THEN rebooted went into BIOS and enabled the
cache...BAM...errors out every time...threw in
ubuntu...craptastic...DISABLED the CACHE...everything smooth...sooo the
question now is...MB or CPU??

The CPU is listed as DTR...OMFG WTF is DTR?? (acro-cursing intended..)

Model: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ DTR
Core: ClawHammer
Operating Frequency: 1.8 GHz
FSB: Integrated into Chip
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/1MB
Voltage: 1.5V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket 754
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+
Packaging: OEM(Processor Only)