route entries after ICMP redirect

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 10 22:20:33 PDT 2005

gnn at FreeBSD.org wrote:

> If you want to handle this in a more clever way than a cron job you
> could write a small daemon which reads routing messages and does "the
> right thing" for whatever your situation is.

I've explore a code and found I can do quite easy addition for dynamic
routes - fill an expire field, check it periodicaly and remove expired
entries (just like for arp entries).

I think to do a sysctl variable for indication what time will set as
expire values and set it to zero by default (no expires).

--
Sem.