Windows XP & Partition Magic

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Thu Apr 7 04:37:59 PDT 2005

Andrew & Alissa Wyderka wrote:

>Can FreeBSD be installed if I use Partition Magic.  I am currently running on Windows XP environment.  (That is the only primary partition) ..If  so how..I keep getting error messages "Could not find Primary Descriptor"..when installing FreeBSD from CD. Am I partitioning wrong, or is XP not compatable?

I used PM to split my XP disk in two before installing FreeBSD.  What did you do with PM?  From memory, the new partition you create should be of type "unused" since PM doesn't know about FreeBSD partition types.

Without more information it will be hard to help you.  But what you are trying to do can be done.

--Alex