Windows XP & Partition Magic

Bjorn Konig bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 7 04:13:30 PDT 2005

Andrew & Alissa Wyderka:

> Can FreeBSD be installed if I use Partition Magic.  I am
> currently running on Windows XP environment.  (That is the

> only primary partition) ..If  so how..I keep getting error

> messages "Could not find Primary Descriptor"..when
installing
> FreeBSD from CD. Am I partitioning wrong, or is XP not
compatable?

In general FreeBSD works with Windows XP side by side. Do
you get this error message while booting from CD, during
preparation of partitions or installation or at the first
boot of an installed system? What's the role of Partition
Magic? If you made room for FreeBSD with Partition Magic
then you don't need it anymore and it might be totally
unrelated to your problem.

Bjorn