AMD64 optimization on FreeBSD 5.4 i386

Bachelier Vincent vincent_bachelier at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 4 00:35:35 PDT 2005

Hi, I have a AMD64 and use FreeBSD 5.4 i386.
I have set CPUTYPE=k8 to optimize a little for my computer.
I have seen they set march=athlon-mp when it compile something.

Ok, I have see they is a difference between march=k8 and march=athlon-mp

Have a idea ?
Does I compile with march=k8 under cflags ?
for example: CFLAGS=-O2 -march=k8 -pipe
	     CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS

Well, what do you think ?
could I optimize more than CPUTYPE=k8 ?
ok see ya
--
Vincent Bachelier <vincent_bachelier at yahoo.fr>
Language    : Francais / English

Citation (fortune):

we will invent new lullabies, new songs, new acts of love,
we will cry over things we used to laugh &
our new wisdom will bring tears to eyes of gentile
creatures from other planets who were afraid of us till then &
in the end a summer with wild winds &
new friends will be.