Xorg and ATI Rage-Mobility

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Wed Sep 29 14:46:25 PDT 2004

I finally got around to trying XFree86 4.3 (from the 5.2 CD). It works fine.

I could find nothing on the Xorg or XFree86 (4.4) sites. but neither works with
my system (and perhaps) this chip. I am going to post this on those sites.

I tested Free86 with the 5.x binary. Installing that does not update the package
database. Where might I find how to do that manually? I am sure the need will
arise again :)