pf for FreeBSD

Philip Payne philip.payne at uk.mci.com
Tue Sep 28 05:47:56 PDT 2004

IMHO its not very hard in FreeBSD 5.3 either now its in the base. The only
additional step to what you describe below is adding the kernel options &
building/installing the kernel to include them, which is only 2 commands.

However, some of the log analysis ports I've tried (fwanalog... & another
the name of which slips my mind, damn) do not work with the FreeBSD
implementation of tcpdump :-(

I suppose, with OpenBSD's complete focus on security if I was building a
dedicated firewall I would very probably select OpenBSD. Depends what other
things Cristi is using FreeBSD for.

Phil.