ATAPICAM - cdrecord will not recognize my DVD burner

BSDjunkie gooober33-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 05:55:38 PDT 2004

FreeBSD Enthusiasts,

I have been using cdrecord since I built my system. I
have an Asus A7N8X delux motherboard, AMD 3200+ cpu,
2G of ram and (2) 15,000 rpm scsi drives.

I recently bought a Toshiba DVD+r/-r burner, which I
replaced my DVDr/CDRW drive with.

The new drive is detected at bootup:

acd0: DVDR <TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H552B> at ata0-master
PIO4

However, cdrecord --scanbus no longer can see the
drive through scsi emulation.

I tried to load the cam module, but it is already
loaded.

I am using 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9.

Any pointers in the right direction are appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration,

Mark Withers