Trouble installing 4.10 on laptop - "cannot find kernel"

Adam Beachell internetvirus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:43:46 PDT 2004

Hello,

I am atempting to install 4.10 on my laptop. After booting from the
install CD I get a message stating "cannot find kernel". I get this
error whether I use the miniinstall or the full 2 disc CD install.
Browsing the CDs I can see that the kernel does exist on the disk.

I have read many of the installation documents however am at a
dead-end. Has anyone seen this before? And what might be the problem?