mozilla/java crash

Brett Wiggins bawig1 at student.monash.edu
Wed Sep 15 20:46:36 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,
             I have recently installed jdk14 on my FreeBSD 5.2.1 -RELEASE machine. I am using gnome and mozilla, I was trying to get the JVM to work. When I viewed a page with an applet the browser did not display it. I have edited my path in .profile (thanks Randy) and still nothing happened. A friend had JVM working in his browser and uploaded the following files for me;

          libjavaplugin_oji.so
          libjavaplugin_oji_g.so

I placed both files in /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/plugins and in
/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla-gtk2/plugins. Now when I go to a page with an applet mozilla crashes and I get the following message at the terminal;

INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Exec of "java_vm" failed: 2
<
System error?:: No such file or directory
Gdk-ERROR **: Fatal IO error 9 (Bad file descriptor) on X server :0.0.
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from browser
System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable

[1]    Exit 255                      mozilla

I am not really sure what the problem is. Should I deinstall mozilla and start again?

Brett