corrupt package info.

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:33:52 PDT 2004

Hi all,

During a recent portupgrade, I got a hard crash of some sort...
(I was out of the room, and the machine was sounding an alarm
when I came back.)

At any rate, portupgrade was probably altering the package
database at the time of the crash, as I now get this error:
pkg_info: the package info for package 'nvidia-driver-1.0.6113_1' is corrupt

Needless to say, many of the other pkg tools won't work either.

As for the nvidia pkg directory:
>ls /var/db/pkg/nvidia-driver-1.0.6113_1/
+REQUIRED_BY
>cat /var/db/pkg/nvidia-driver-1.0.6113_1/+REQUIRED_BY
kdemultimedia-xine_artsplugin-3.3.0

Any suggestions? (If you want more info., just tell me what would
be useful.)

Best Regards,
Clayton

PS. please remember to CC...