hi

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Mon Sep 13 16:04:25 PDT 2004

> hello i was wondering if u could answer the following questions
>
> 1) is it possible to have both freebsd 5.2.1 with KDE 3.1 and Windows 98 on
> the same Hard Disk. If yes how can i do this?

If you have room enough on the hard drive for it, yes.  It is readily
doable.
The Handbook covers this well as do a couple of online publications
and some FAQs.  Look for 'dual booting FreeBSD'.

One thing to note, Win98 and FreeBSd do not run at the same time.  You
reboot to get from one to the other.

> 2) can i run .exe files with KDE 3.1 because when i launch a .exe file it
> asks me what to program to use to it open with.

There are some emulation utilities that may allow this.  My mind is too
foggy to think of a name at the moment.  As far as I know, KDE doesn't
have anything that will allow it.  (But the emulation utilities could
run in a window like other things.)

Someone else is better to respond to the other things.

> if you answer these questions can u please answer them clearly and explain
> the way i have to do the things thoroughly. Because i don't really like the
> fact that i get answer and i have no i idea how to do it or have no idea
> where to find it or what command i have to type, and have to reply just to
> ask how to.
>
> 	thank u and please don't find the last paragraph offensive

Part of running FreeBSD or any of this type of Freeware is doing the
studying to learn how to make it work.  When you ask very broad or general
questions, you will most often be referred to documentation - handbook,
man pages, online FAQs and publications and archives.   That is the way
this community works.

Once you have studied, then ask specific questions.

////jerry