how to update system time?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Fri Sep 10 14:03:43 PDT 2004

---------- quoting Bill Moran ----------
> Is your securelevel set very high?  A high securelevel will prevent
> drastic changes to the system clock (although I don't remember what is
> specifically considered "drastic")

ok, a look into "man securelevel" gave the answer: in kernel securelevel 2
or higher time changes are restricted to <= 1 sec.

Thanks for your tip! Since I am coming from Linux I had no idea of this
kernel securelevels ... cool thing btw. ;)

Thanks to all of you for your quick help!
Greetings, Matthias

--
You can't depend on me all your lives.  You have to learn that there's a
little Homer Simpson in all of us.

  -- Homer Simpson
     Homer Defined