Retrieving audio from memory

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass at teledome.gr
Wed Sep 8 03:35:21 PDT 2004

The file's data will be intact 'till kaboodle close(2)s the file. So
check which files kaboodle has opened with fstat -p pid_of_kaboodle.
The field SZ (size) will help you identify the file, and what you actually
need is the INUM (inode number) field. I guess then you can use fsdb
to try to recover the file, but bad things may happen...

from fsdb(8)
WARNING
     Use this tool with extreme caution--you can damage an FFS file system
     beyond what fsck(8) can repair.

Of course you should first experiment with fsdb on a new just_for_testing
filesystem.

Hope this helps, NikV