Retrieving audio from memory

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 18:05:12 PDT 2004

OK, funny one.

I accidentally deleted a media file... However, I did have the file
opened in kaboodle.

The file appears to be intact in memory; I can listen to it from
start to finish. Kaboodle, unfortunately, doesn't have any "save"
feature, so that's out.

I'm wondering if there is some way I could hack in and read
the file out of memory. (I have root access, and am comfortable
with reading directly from memory.)

Lacking that, is there any tool that could capture the audio
as it plays out the card?

Though I worry about loss of audio quality, looping the
sound card output back to an input might be a possibility.
Anyone have ideas on that?

TIA,
Clayton

PS. please CC...