Mozilla & linuxpluginwrapper

Jason Dusek jason-dusek at uiowa.edu
Sun Sep 5 08:11:47 PDT 2004

Yesterday, I built the linuxpluginwrapper without error. However, Mozilla seems
to have trouble loading the plugins:

   LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
   /usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so
   [Shared object "libpthread.so.0" not found,
   required by "libflashplayer.so"]
   LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
   /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so
   [Shared object "libc.so.6" not found, required by "nppdf.so"]

But the libraries seem to be on my system, in /usr/compat/linux:

   > locate libpthread.so.0 && locate libc.so.6
   /usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0
   /usr/compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6

This is probably something more general than a flash or mozilla problem -
presumable there is something I need to know about Linux libraries that I don't
understand yet.

_jason