ISDN Jack Installation

Richard Lynch ceo at l-i-e.com
Sat Sep 4 16:38:43 PDT 2004

Donald J. O'Neill wrote:
> month. If you later switch to DSL and want to use your ISDN line(s)
> for that, you're still paying for an extra line (in my case I was
> paying for two ISDN lines). If you use DSL, you can use your

As a guy who has not one, not two, but THREE (3) defunct (or never worked)
DSL lines to his apartment, I gotta say "go cable modem"

It's not like I live in the boonies -- I'm ~3 miles from Chicago's
downtown/loop.

But DSL companies disappear and and get bought up and sold out and
start/stop services so fast, you may well end up paying for installation
and having the hassle of interrupted service while you search for an
affordable provider every 12 months.

After several years of getting jerked around by multiple DSL providers, I
went to cable modem.

Installed in 48 hours, worked fine ever since.

Cable TV companies have a broad customer base, with a stable steady income
to weather them through -- The odds on cable TV suddenly not being
available at your location in anything but truly rural or even remote
areas is nil.

DSL?  Fah.  You're lucky if the company you call today for a price quote
is still around in 12 months.

This will be my last post on this topic, as I'm sure nobody wants a repeat.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm