ftp-master.FreeBSD.org

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Sep 4 12:30:55 PDT 2004

Lewis Thompson wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 03:53:48AM +1000, Chris Ryan wrote:
>

>>How can I get access to ftp-master.FreeBSD.org to help
>>with testing?
>>

>I think you might be getting confused.  If you want to help with testing
>you want to be tracking -STABLE (or maybe even -HEAD).  Reading the
>Handbook is a good idea here;
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html
>might be a good place to start.
>
>  Good luck,
>
>-lewiz.

Quite possibly I was confused, too.  I was apparently
addressing the "access" issue and not the testing one.

Anyone who has guts to stay cvsup'ed to -STABLE or
the <potentially dangerous??> -CURRENT/HEAD is
actually "testing" if they actually install and use the
systems and report any problems.

So, if Christ learns to track the code, he'll be able
to help ... w/o any need to actually access "master"...

Good call, Lewiz.

KDK