Questions about FreeBSD hardware support

KTzone ktzone at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 07:54:06 PDT 2004

I've just install a new server, use Adaptec 29320ALP,2 x 73GB SCSI HDD
IN RAID 0, but it seems that can't co-operate with FreeBSD, it can't
install.
When I install FreeBSD 4.10 and try to enter the "sysinstall", it
keeps showing "resetting device", can't enter "sysinstall"
then i try FreeBSD 5.2.1, and can enter "sysinstall" but can't detect
the harddisk, and FDISK shows DISK NOT FOUND.
After that, I found the information of supporting this card from :
FreeBSD/i386 4.10-RELEASE Hardware
Notes(http://hk.freebsd.org/releases/4.10R/hardware-i386.html)
it shows that SCSI RAID CARD & SCSI HDD are workable with no problem,
becasue i've tried to install REDHAT 9, it's ok. (p.s. but it should
need driver disk to detect SCSI RAID CARD).

Would you please help me to solve this problem.
Your latest reply is highly appreciate