5.1, 5.2, or 5.3???

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Sep 1 12:51:17 PDT 2004

On Sep 1, 2004, at 3:43 PM, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, what is going to happen in 2 weeks?  Actually,
> I have 5.3-Beta installed on it right now. So, maybe I'll just keep
> it, but wait to put it into production.

5.3-BETA will become 5-STABLE, meaning "production ready".

And if you've got a 5.3 system which is available now, why not set
things up and test it, and then start using it?  If something breaks,
tell us about it-- (a) you're likely to get help fixing the problem,
and (b) the FreeBSD folks would like to fix any problems now, before
5.3 is released, so the more testing the betas get, the better.

--
-Chuck