setup firewall/router/proxy

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Wed Sep 1 10:14:19 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine" <brunner at nic-naa.net>
To: "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts at ibctech.ca>
Cc: <brunner at nic-naa.net>; "messmate" <messmate at free.fr>;
"freebsd-questions-en" <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 7:27 AM
Subject: Re: setup firewall/router/proxy

> Oki all,
>
> If it isn't too much of a bother, someone asked me the same question,
> but for a platform I'm unfamiliar with -- a 2.4.18-6mdk (Mandrake)
> linux distro. As the target is not freebsd, I'll be happy with any
> technical response, and off-list is probably better than on.
>
> TiA,
> Eric

It's been a long time since I've played with Linux in general, last one was
RH. If Mandrake has ipchains or ipfw, I'd say go with either and still use
squid. It's popular, easy to configure, works well and has support. It
shouldn't need any routing daemon as long as none of the advanced routing
protocols are needed.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.