Slow Startup

Clay cculver at darkness-is.com
Sat Oct 30 16:15:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

            Well after getting the last problem solved, I have noticed that
the FreeBSD machine starts up slowly. By this I mean, when it gets to
starting common daemons it just hangs for roughly half hour. It will not go
past this spot, and it just sits there, then after time I get the login
prompt to which I am able to login and then do things in the shell.

            I have noticed this a few other times when I was first
installing FreeBSD on the machine, and never thought much of it as I always
had other things to do. Now that I am able to devote time to getting the
server setup, I find it hard to get things done when rebooting then waiting
such a long time to log back in after a reboot.

Clay