Finding the Right Sound Driver ...

Siavash Edrisi siavash at edrisi.com
Thu Oct 28 13:51:20 PDT 2004

Hi Matt!

Thanks a lot again for being so kind to help.

My whole system is tonight a little bit out of order. It takes the
system more than 2 minutes to boot and I don't get into KDE ==> Crash!

Before this I tried to install some drivers one after another, but in
/dev/sndstat I could see no interesting contents. Then I got back to
the general driver (snd_driver_load="YES"). Since then the system does
not work properly.

I think you are right with your guess. But something else must be
wrong. I must still say that yesterday FreeBSD made some noises in
KDE! For me it was a big step in the right direction and it was just
like a baby who tries to speak :-) I thought maybe I could make it
"talk" tonight. Anyway ... I think the best is to reinstall the whole
system once again. By now I am writing this email from my second PC
that is an XP (sorry!). But I will make FreeBSD run!!!

If I may I will stay in contact with you and will write again when my
FreeBSD is working again ...

Many thanks and best Regards
Sia