FreeBSD 4.10 not finding 3ware controllers

Benson Wong tummytech at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:46:40 PDT 2004

Um, I can't do a dmesg since I can't installed FBSD.
The chipset is Intel E7520

The BIOS does detect the cards. When booting the cards will show what
drives are attached and how they're connected to the RAID array. They
also give you the option of using Alt+3 to enter the configuration
mode.

During boot I don't actually see the TWE drivers being loaded. I tried
using FreeBSD/amd64 5.2.1 since it supports the EM64T stuff provided
but it basically crashed during installation. I'm going to try
5.2.1/i386 now.

Thanks.
Ben.