Java under Opera 7.54?

Kevin Glick keving at sbfnet.com
Thu Oct 21 08:29:43 PDT 2004

> FreeBSD 5.2.1, Opera 7.54, and I did try pointing Opera to my
> existing Java path, /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/

I'm not sure that the FreeBSD version of Opera will work with the
Linux version of the jre (don't hold me to that).  But, since you
have the Linux jre installed, that works with what I was going to
suggest anyway.

I've been using Opera exclusively for a couple years under FreeBSD,
and prefer it to all other browsers.  With that said, I've had more
success running the linux-opera port.  With it and the Linux versions
of java, flash and Acroread, it's the best I've found.  I've never
gotten pdf or flash support working under the FreeBSD native version,
but the Linux version with the Linux counterparts has worked perfectly.

Just another option for you.

Kevin Glick
ITS Manager
Sterling Business Forms