Serial ATA RAID Controllers

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Oct 20 17:34:23 PDT 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 4:51 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some feedback on the following two SATA RAID
> controllers:
>
> http://www.3ware.com/products/serial_ata8000.asp (4 port)
> http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?
> sess=no&language=English+US&prodkey=AAR
> -2410SA&cat=%2fTechnology%2fRAID%2fSerial+ATA+RAID

I don't think that 4.x supports the 2410SA, though it probably would if
you add a little to the aac driver.  However, I have a 2410SA, and once
I updated the firmware to the latest, it has behaved under 5-CURRENT
from a few months ago.  No great load on it but it has done its thing.
It will be installed in a box being upgraded to 5.3 very soon now and
will then get more load on it...

Chad