Xmkmf/make problem

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Oct 18 16:39:25 PDT 2004

On 2004-10-18 19:25, Mike Jeays <Mike.Jeays at rogers.com> wrote:
> I have several Xlib programs that compiled successfully on earlier
> versions of FreeBSD (4.1 and before), using xmkmf and make.  With 5.1, I
> get an error message:
>
> "make: don't know how to make /usr/include/machine/ansi.h. Stop"
>
> It looks as though this header file, and several others, have been moved
> to other directories.
>
> Is there a simple fix to a configuration file somewhere, or is the
> problem fixed in 5.3-BETA?

AFAIK, the best option is to fix the broken programs.  Depending on what
it is exactly that these programs needed to pull in from ansi.h you can
use one or more of:

	#include <sys/types.h>
	#include <stdint.h>
	#include <limits.h>

To give a more definitive reply, we'd have to look at the source or at
least at the error messages you get by removing (or simply commenting
out) the inclusion of the ansi.h header.

- Giorgos