Hard Disk failure

Benjamin P. Keating bkeating at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 20:02:29 PDT 2004

Hey Dean,

Everything is a file in the UNIX world,  so copying over file for file
is no problem. be sure that you preserve permissions (aka 'archive
mode') preseriving ownership and permissions is vital.  '``cp'' should
do everything you need in this case.

Are you sure there are bad sectors? Can you attach your dmesg output
(just relative section please).

HTH
Ben