/usr/ports/java/jdk14 - native or not? problems with build..

Matt Navarre mnavarre at cox.net
Thu Oct 7 08:22:32 PDT 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 01:59, Volker Eckert wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Matt Navarre wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 October 2004 02:30, Volker Eckert wrote:
> >> anyway, i am getting this while trying to build that very port
> >> (jdk14):
> >>
> >> ../../../../src/share/classes/javax/rmi/PortableRemoteObject.java:22:
> >> cannot access java.rmi.RemoteException
> >> bad class file:
> >> /a/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/classes/java/rmi/RemoteException.cl
> >>ass illegal start of class file
> >> Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory
> >> of the classpath.
> >> import java.rmi.RemoteException;
> >>                  ^
> >> 1 error
> >
> > Did you try building the jdk before you had linprocfs mounted? If so,
> > blow away /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work and start over.
>
> i only mounted linprocfs after the first error showed up. it works
> now. btw: how did you get that information out of the error
> message (i'm curious)?

I had the same problem when I built the native jdk. I can't remember whether I
figured it out myself or found the answer on the list, but it worked.

> thanks a lot!
> Volker.

"We all enter this world in the same way: naked, screaming,
 and soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind
 of thing doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould