php4 ports configuration file

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Tue Nov 23 02:23:57 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 03:04:11AM -0600, Andrew L. Gould wrote:
> I currently have the php4 port installed with support for various
> programs such as postgresql.  I would like to add support for imap; so
> I did a make clean (in both php4 and php4-extensions) followed by a
> make so there is no directory for working files.  Rather than see a
> screen to allow me to select various extensions, I saw a line that
> stated that a saved configuration file had been found.
>
> Where can I find the saved configuration file?  (No working directory
> exists after make clean.)  How can I add imap to the existing
> configuration?

Not directly an answer to your question, but it might help you...

Do you use portupgrade and friends?  If so, you can try setting the
MAKE_ARGS for php4-extensions in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf, something
like:

MAKE_ARGS = {
    'lang/php4-extensions' => [
        'WITH_PGSQL=yes',
        'WITH_IMAP=yes',
    ],
}

(All the available extensions are mentioned in the port's Makefile -
just prepend each one you want with WITH_)

You can then use `portupgrade -f php4-extensions' to force a reinstall,
which will pick up the new settings.

Like I say, not a direct answer, but you may find it useful...

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \