Setting up Postfix with PosgreSQLon FreeBSD

Bill Schmitt (SW) software at schmittnet.com
Mon Nov 22 16:56:58 PST 2004

Manuel Rabade Garcia wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:43:04 -0500
> "Bill Schmitt (SW)" <software at schmittnet.com> wrote:
>

>>I've been trying to find some documentation on setting up Postfix to
>>use PostgreSQL on FreeBSD. There seems to be a lot of documentation on
>>doing it with mySQL, but I can't seem to find anything using
>>PostgreSQL. Does anyone here have any documentation, suggestions, or
>>pointers to web sites? I'm working with FBSD 4.9, PostgreSQL 7.2, and
>>Postfix 2.15.
>>

> First of all: I suggest you to use 5.3 instead of 4.9 (more support,
> more features, better preformance, etc).
>
> I have working Postfix+PostgreSQL+CyrusIMAP in FreeBSD, i read this
> tutorial:
>
> http://www.web-cyradm.org/documentation/Postfix-cyrus-postgreSQL-web-cyradm.pdf
>
> The paper talks about the setup in Linux Red Hat, but is a good
> starting point for any unix-like OS :)
>
> Greetings.

Paper looks good. The reasons we stuck with 4.9 were practical. When we
started bringing up the box, 4.10 and the 5.x releases hung on the setup
of some of them. We think it was related to the presence of an unused
graphics adapter on the motherboard that kept being detected and which
we couldn't turn off on this older Gateway computer, but that is purely
a guess.

Thanks,

Bill