How do I 'activate' mod_php5?

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Nov 15 08:20:24 PST 2004

Kjell Midtseter wrote:

>After installing lang/php4-extensions with apache13,
>I can start using embedded php in my web pages right away.
>When installing lang/php5-extensions, the embedded php
>is passed as if it were html without being interpreted.
>Any initialization required fro php5?
>The required modules seems to be in place in httpd.conf
>I get the same results when I make a new clean and cvsup'ed install from the 5.3R CD
>Kjell

The procedure is the same for PHP5 as it was for PHP4,
with no variations *that I have noticed*.

So, the first question ... have you added/modified/created
the necessary AddModule, LoadModule, and AddHandler
(or is it AddType?) lines in your httpd.conf?

When we moved from PHP v4 to v5, all we had to do was
replace the "4" with the "5" in all those locations.

Of course, it could be something else ...
<#include disclaimer.h>

Kevin Kinsey