RDEsktop/VNC questions

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Wed Nov 10 15:14:46 PST 2004

Quick question about interconnectivity.

You OSX users may be familiar with a very slick little utility called
RDC (Remote Desktop Connection).  Some of you other *BSDers may also be
familiar with one called VNC (Visual Network Connection ?) or RDP (?).
The purpose of said utilities is to provide a sort of graphical shell
similar to an X session from a remote machine in a window.

There are several rdesktop and vnc clients in the ports, so rather than
go through the flurry of install-tryout-uninstall/repeat, I figured I'd
go to the place to ask questions.  Here.

So, who's using these clients, and how effective have you been finding
them?  Any gotchas?  How cool is it?  Do they just plain suck?  And more
to the point, which one(s) should I start with on the short list?

All feedback is welcome - and appreciated.
Lou
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

Pickle's Law:
  If Congress must do a painful thing,
  the thing must be done in an odd-number year.