WiFi 802.11b or g setup

Dick Davies rasputnik at hellooperator.net
Wed Nov 3 06:38:07 PST 2004

* Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com> [1113 00:13]:
> >Start with the basics
>
> Exactly!
> Here you go:
>
> plip0: flags=8851<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
> lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
>    inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
>    inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
>    inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2
>
> On FreeBSD, I've been trying to use the Sysinstall menus.

Not sure they support wireless NIC configuration, but since the card isn't
even detected, that's the least of your worries.

> The modem is currently in the PCMCIA slot and I am in an area with WiFi
> access. Also in a PCMCIA slot is a card which is a USB2 hub.

By modem you mean network card, yeah? Do the usb2 hub and the pcmcia slot
show up? And have you tried removing that - don't think freebsd supports usb2
hubs yet, it might be causing some conflicts.

--
Ugh, it's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's throwing up. - Fry