blackbox, bbkeys, and .xinit (update)...

Mike Hauber m.hauber at mchsi.com
Tue Nov 2 20:05:29 PST 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 06:55 pm, Mike Hauber
proclaimed:
> Greets,
>
> This is something I haven't had to mess with before, and
> I'm confused by the docs...
>
> I have several WMs installed on my FreeBSD (4.10)
> desktop, one of which is blackbox.  Is there a way to
> uniquely state that if blackbox loads, then bbkeys should
> load as well?
>
> The instructions say to add the command to my ~/.xinit
> file, but if I do that, then bbkeys will load with
> whatever I start (If I understood it correctly.  Like I
> said, I've not had to do this before).
>
> Oh yeah...  I'm running KDM from /etc/ttys at startup (if
> that matters).
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Okay, I read up more on KDM and found out that blackbox is
started from a config file called blackbox.desktop, which
in turn points to the blackbox binary.

I created a script that runs blackbox and bbkeys
simultaniously (blackbox & bbkeys), then pointed
blackbox.desktop to the script.  It works, but I have to
exit blackbox and _then_ exit bbkeys to return to the KDM
login screen (a little less annoying).

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Mike