Compatible NIC

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Nov 1 10:20:31 PST 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 11:54:22AM -0500, TM4525 at aol.com wrote:

> I know who Kris is. I respect and appreciate his contributions. I don't
> respect
> being lied to. And I don't respect the unconditional rejection of criticism
> by the
> "team". And I haven't seen any evidence that anyone really has a clue as to
> how to measure the performance of the product they're developing. I was
> ridiculed for tearing apart the only "test" results posted, yet no credible
> ones
> were offered.

You don't like the benchmarks?  Fine, run your own and post the
results.  You've been asked repeatedly to do this, but instead you
choose to continue to throw around unsupported assertions of terrible
performance.  That's why a number of us are annoyed with your emails.

Hey, maybe you're right [1]!  That would at least be the basis for
directing further optimization work.

So, how about it?  Where are *your* numbers and testing methodology?

Kris

[1] In fact it would be surprising if 5.x performs better than 4.x
across the board; we know there is work remaining to be done, and
performance is expected to improve along the life of the 5.x branch
beginning with 5.3.