SMTP AUTH

Robert Covell rcovell at rolet.com
Wed May 26 05:56:20 PDT 2004

I have configured both sendmail and cyrus to use SSL (Not SPA) with SMTP
auth on FreeBSD with Outlook clients.  Can't remember the name of the
application but it was something like "stunnel" or similar.  Basically I
kept sendmail and cyrus as is and used this application to listen on the SSL
ports.  It just accepted the SSL connection and passed the data off to the
either sendmail and cyrus.  The client had to install a certificate that was
signed and generated in house.  Very straight forward (if I could remember
the name of it)...

Sincerely,

Robert T. Covell
President / Owner