Strange pkg_info output

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue May 25 13:52:03 PDT 2004

Garance A Drosihn wrote:
[ ...snip thread about "pkg_info: ... has no origin recorded" messages... ]
> In my case, it was happening on something that I had always
> upgraded via ports & portupgrade.  It was not bsdpan (which I do
> not even have installed...), but I do not remember what it was.

If you install perl from ports, you apparently get bsdpan included.

I think bsdpan is supposed to create the appropriate package bill-of-materials
for Perl modules when you use CPAN, only things seems to behave differently
than the packages you get using the ports tree (which have a "p5-" prefix
rather than "bsdpan-").

--
-Chuck