Strange pkg_info output

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue May 25 12:09:50 PDT 2004

At 2:01 PM -0400 5/25/04, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>Jorn Argelo wrote:
>>Recently I came across something which kind of bothered me. Every
>>time when pkg_info removes and/or registers a package it gives this
>>output:
>>
>>pkg_info: package bsdpan-DBD-mysql-2.9003 has no origin recorded
>>pkg_info: package bsdpan-DBI-1.42 has no origin recorded
>>pkg_info: package bsdpan-GD-1.19 has no origin recorded
>
>I've seen the same type of messages either when updating a
>Perl module using CPAN, or now when using perl-5.8.4 (via
>local modification to the port).
>
>>Should I be worried about this? Or, how do I fix this?
>
>The messages are annoying but mostly harmless.

I have seen this too.  In fact, I think I ran into it the last
time I updated the ports on some of my systems.  I annoyed me
enough that I kept trying things until it went away, but to be
honest I don't remember what exactly I did that cured it.

In my case, it was happening on something that I had always
upgraded via ports & portupgrade.  It was not bsdpan (which I do
not even have installed...), but I do not remember what it was.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu