4.{8,9,10} Install ad0 READ command error

Richard Caley rjc at interactive.co.uk
Fri May 21 07:17:03 PDT 2004

> Did you tried with another HDD ? Does the HDD work on another mobo ?

Don't really want to mess with the hardware too much. These are
supposed to be identical machines to deliver quickly to a customer as
a stop-gap. I'll try with a spare HD this evening, but basicly I just
want to get something going on these machines as is as soon as
possible, so unless someonone somewhere has a brilliant idea I'll flip
a coin between the pain fo Linux and the worry of 5.2.

> This could be possible due to acpi support in 5.x; but of course it can
> happen also the other way. Did you tried to boot with acpi disable ?

Can I do that from the 4.X install CD? Everything seems to be disabled
in the BIOS, not that there is much.

--
rjc at interactive.co.uk				_O_