c compiler

Incoming Mail List mailist at whoweb.com
Thu May 20 12:00:39 PDT 2004

I'm looking for some quick help with the 5.2.1 C compiler.  In FBSD 4.x
I could write multi-line printf() statements with embedded new-lines
such as:

        printf("
                hello,
                this
                is
                test");

In 5.2.1, the newlines have to be preceeded with a "\" character.  Since
I have some large programs with lots of printf() statements that include
embedded new-lines, I'm not looking forward to going through thousands
of lines of code to add "\" characters.  Is there any command line
option
option to "cc" (didn't find one in the manpage) or other way to compile
my old code the way it is?

Jon