FreeBSD 4.7 Syslogs

Matt "Cyber Dog" LaPlante webmaster at cyberdogtech.com
Sat May 15 10:34:53 PDT 2004

I tried the logger command, but it didn't reach the messages file (which is
still empty).  Here is the output from the syslogd -d command:

syslogd: bind: Address already in use
logmsg: pri 53, flags 4, from , msg syslogd: bind: Address already in use
Logging to CONSOLE /dev/console
syslogd: bind: Address already in use
logmsg: pri 53, flags 4, from , msg syslogd: bind: Address already in use
Logging to CONSOLE /dev/console
can't open /dev/klog (16)
off & running....
init
cfline("local7.crit;local7.err;local7.notice
/var/log/purchasing", f, "*", "*")
cfline("local0.*					/var/log/postgres",
f, "*", "*")
cfline("local2.*
/var/log/qmail/smtpd.log", f, "*", "*")
cfline("local3.*
/var/log/qmail/send", f, "*", "*")
cfline("local4.*
/var/log/qmail/masterlog", f, "*", "*")
cfline("authpriv.*					/var/log/authpriv",
f, "local0", "*")
cfline("security.*					/var/log/security",
f, "local0", "*")
cfline("mail.info					/var/log/maillog",
f, "local0", "*")
cfline("lpr.info					/var/log/lpd-errs",
f, "local0", "*")
cfline("cron.*						/var/log/cron", f,
"local0", "*")
cfline("*.emerg						*", f, "local0",
"*")
cfline("console.info
/var/log/console.log", f, "local0", "*")
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 5 X FILE: /var/log/purchasing
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 8 X X X X X X X X FILE: /var/log/postgres
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 8 X X X X X X FILE:
/var/log/qmail/smtpd.log
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 8 X X X X X FILE: /var/log/qmail/send
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 8 X X X X FILE:
/var/log/qmail/masterlog
X X X X X X X X X X 8 X X X X X X X X X X X X X X FILE: /var/log/authpriv
(local0)
X X X X X X X X X X X X X 8 X X X X X X X X X X X FILE: /var/log/security
(local0)
X X 6 X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X FILE: /var/log/maillog
(local0)
X X X X X X 6 X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X FILE: /var/log/lpd-errs
(local0)
X X X X X X X X X 8 X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X FILE: /var/log/cron
(local0)
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 X WALL:  (local0)
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 6 X X X X X X X X X X FILE: /var/log/console.log
(local0)
logmsg: pri 56, flags 4, from compname, msg syslogd: restart
syslogd: restarted