Japanese Input (More Specific)

braidsenfro at netscape.net braidsenfro at netscape.net
Sat May 8 09:49:31 PDT 2004

Please disregard last question because it is a little too vague. My apologies.

The Question
[
I would appreciate it very much if someone could provide a step-by-step guide for enabling Japanese input into a terminal window, using a jvim or other japanese enabled vi-like editors.  I'm not particular about the server (canna, wnn6, etc.) it just has to work.  Also, although i'd prefer to stick with a vi-like editor, i would be ok with an emacs solution as well.
]

Some Information
[
I'm currently using
 - FreeBSD 4.9
 - Enlightenment 0.16
 - i386 Architecture
]

My Handicap
[
I'm very new, so please, try not to gloss over things (e.g. rather than say "go to the ports directory" say "go to /usr/ports/").  I've read documentation that said "type abc" but never said where. And some that have said "the configuration file" but gave a path.
]

Thank you very much

Akbar

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.