flash plug-in

Christian Hiris 4711 at chello.at
Sun May 2 14:52:43 PDT 2004

On Saturday 01 May 2004 15:29, platanthera wrote:
> On Saturday 01 May 2004 12:49, Christian Hiris wrote:
>
> > to create a new libmap.conf try the command
> > cd /var/db/pkg && pkg_info -D linuxpluginwrapper* > /etc/libmap.conf
> > and edit the resulting libmap.conf with your favorite editor.
>
> after commenting out the lines regarding Java Advanced Imaging the flash
> plug-in now works fine with konqueror and firefox. thanks!
>
> coming back to the your suggestion the handbook should get updated - i
> completely agree. maybe i should try to do that... and include your hints
> concerning libmap.conf for those who , like me, do portinstall xxx yyy
> zzz ..., and therefore might miss important console output

fine! before you complete typing, one more hint. there is a new
konqueror-flash howto on the freebsd-kde website.
(http://freebsd.kde.org/howtos/konqueror-flash.php)
a link to it from the freebsd handbook could be helpfull to kde users. the
libmap.conf flash section for Konqueror is identical to the
Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany section.

the /opt/mozilla/plugin stuff, as described in the linuxpluginwrapper
pkg-message still could be required by users of older kde versions, but i am
not sure about. please can you clearify this with Markus Brueffer, the author
of the konqueror-flash howto, and the linuxpluginwrapper port-maintainer when
you work on the update?

regards
ch