XFree86 4.4 in FreeBSD?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Tue Mar 30 17:59:47 PST 2004

I'm about to install FreeBSD on a new computer, and was
looking over the release notes for XFree86 in preparation and
discovered that the Current release is 4.4. Though I don't
think I actively need any of the features of version 4.4, I do
wonder why it hasn't made it into the Ports system yet.  It's
been out for a month, and there are FreeBSD binaries on the
XFree86 site.

There doesn't seem to have been much discussion of it here. Are
there any specific problems with 4.4, or is it just a big job
to port it and deal with dependencies?

Jesse Sheidlower