SpamAssassin

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Mar 30 06:43:39 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:31:25PM -0500, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Question...Is anyone else running amavisd-new with spamassassin from
> ports?

Just started about a week ago, with dual-Sendmail setup + SA and
ClamAV.

> If so, where/how should I be updating or altering the spamassassin
> rules?
>
> I'd like to try updating some of the rules from the spamassassin site,
> but didn't know where the ports version was putting the rulesets...
> a) what directory should I put them into?
> b) is there a config file I'd have to alter to get spamassassin to use
> them?
> c) can I just plonk new SA files into that directory and they would be
> used automatically?
> d) should I just wait until the ports version of SA is updated to get
> new rules, or does ports have the newer rules integrated into it?
> e) do I need to alter anything in amavisd-new to get the new rules to
> work?
>
> Thanks!
> -Bart

Most everything of the rules/config nature is plonked into
/usr/local/etc/spamassassin/.  I'm not so sure about adding
to those files, but if you're brave, you might go ahead.

The comments in the files might be helpful.

And, there's this, from /usr/local/share/spamassassin/user_prefs.template:

	# SpamAssassin user preferences file.  See 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
	# for details of what can be tweaked.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey